Do you want to be a leader in one of the most exciting and talked about industries in the country? The Independent Brewers Association, the peak organisation representing Australia’s small, independent brewing industry, is looking for its first ever CEO. Established in 2012 the IBA has 200 members spread across the nation and has at its core a mission to Support, Educate and Influence on behalf of it’s members.
The CEO position will report directly to the Board of Directors. The IBA office is located in Newcastle, New South Wales, and while it is preferred that the CEO be based in Newcastle, alternatives will be considered for the right applicant.
The CEO will oversee the effective running of the organisation, assuring the IBA continues to represent its members, advancing the industry and being a strong advocate for change.
Duties will include steering the organisation to meet its strategic directives (as agreed by the Board) with an overall responsibility of managing the association’s resources including meeting budgetary and human resource requirements. The Association has a small but dedicated team of people to lead, engage and inspire to ensure the “voice” of the association is heard. The CEO will be the key industry advocate with all levels of government and will be the industry’s media spokesperson.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Extensive experience at CEO or senior executive level, with a track record of success in achieving strategic initiatives and directives.
- Tertiary qualification in business or related field (to post graduate level).
- Experience in working collaboratively with Boards, reporting effectively, leading and engaging change.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of corporate governance.
- Experience in business development and income stream creation.
- Ability to lead change initiatives.
- Proven success in growing membership.
- Demonstrated leadership ability; able to delegate effectively and inspire, motivate and engage both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven success building a great culture and team.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and networks.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with Association/Membership based organisations.
- An understanding of the Australian brewing industry, particularly independent brewing, and industry trends.
- A love of good beer.
Candidates should submit an application to IBA Chair Ben Kooyman (email@example.com) before the closing date. This should comprise: a covering letter and a current CV.
Confidential inquiries can be made to the Chair via the same email.
Submissions close midnight 15th February, 2018 AEDT.